
High School - THE FIGHTING WESTWOOD WARRIORS
Fill this out about your years in high school! I BET I WIN... GRADUATED IN 1965 (42 yrs ago)
The longer ago it was,the more fun the answers will be!!
1. Who were your friends?
2.What sports did you play? does winning the trophy on the pogo stick count...
3.What kind of car did you drive? except for the time I was driving Duane's MG, I did not drive . My parents did not have a car for most of the time. no telephone either.
4. On a Friday night what were you doing? Stuffing as many of us as possible, including the trunk, of someone car, stopping at circle k for bar b que chips and sodas and going to the drive-in theater....$1.25 a car load, and then all getting out of the car and setting on blankets in the very front row. Boy , does that bring back great memories! Saturday nights were spend at the Mazona...with a big shinny ball hanging from the ceiling and making beautiful rainbows as it turned. Of course, girls had to wear dresses and boys slacks and nice shirts.
5.Were you a party animal? No, in the sense of drinking and smoking and "messing around"
6.Were you considered a flirt? Big Time....ask my sisters, one night I had three dates show up at the same time.
7.Were you in band or orchestra or choir? No
8. Were you a nerd. that term was not around then
9.Did you get suspended/ expelled? No
10. Can you still the fight song? Nope
11.Who was your favorite teacher. Mr. Clindenney...he taught social science and let us sit on top of our desks and ask all kinds of forbidden questions.
12Where did you sit during school... Mesa was very hot, so we usually ate in the cafeteria or seminary bldg.
13. Name the school full name: Mesa Westwood Warriors
14. Name the school mascot? Warriors
15.School Colors: Blue and Orange
16. Rival High School was Mesa High...we were the only two schools in all of Mesa and surrounding areas.
17. Did you go to Prom...yes
18. If you could go back and do it again, would you. No, I felt safe and secure and had lots of friends and actually learned a lot. This was a much simpler time. Not even smoking or cursing was allowed on the school grounds. There was a dress code, girls could not even wear slacks or sandals. Jeans at school were unheard off. Boys wore slack and shirts, no t shirts with "yuk written on them or horrible pictures. Open campus, no police or fear of getting shot. It really was the good old days for me. Life was simple and fun.
19. What do you remember most about graduations? It was a once in a life time experience. Class of 1965 was the first graduation class from Westwood High. We were ready to take on the world and show it what we could do.
20. Where did you go for senior ditch day? the whole school went to a swimming pool and had a picnic.
21. Favorite memory? Taking Seminary and for the first time really thinking about the gospel and the Savior. We had a teacher named Mr. Crocket, he would bring his guitar and sing part of the lesson to us. We had Seminary Graduation in front of the Mesa Temple. I still have my graduation pin.
22. Were you in any clubs? yearbook
23. Where did you go most often for lunch? The cafeteria or the Seminary Bldg.
24. Have you gained weight since then? that is not a fair question!
25Who was your prom date? My first and only real love, my husband. See picture at top...that really is us!
26.Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? we are getting close to our 50th...just 8 more years....
27. Who was your home room teacher? didn't have home room
12 comments:
You two look so cute!!! Does it seem like only yesterday? Keep going on your blog!
It some ways it does, I don't feel much older, just wiser. And I would not want to go back and have to learn all over again. I'm just fine with turning 60 in November. I'm still with my Michael and we have had tons of fun and experiences. What more can a person ask for. (except maybe no gray hair and a few less pounds and a million bucks.
Wow Aunt Linda that really tells us how old you are! hee hee That was really fun!
That was fun! Darling picture! I didn't know you dated uncle Mike in high school
That was fun. I know your school song. Remember I was from the great MESA HIGH. It goes like this, "Go Westwood go on the floor out the door all the way. Go Westwood go we are team that can beat you any day! Go Westwood GO-o-o-on the floor out the door ALL THE WAY! MESA HIGH! Yeah!
I remember your class song too. Connie had it right. I just sang it to a bunch of women at our Relief Society Retreat last weekend. Sorry! Mesa Rocks!!!
Good job, Linda. I think you remember more than I do. Not fair little sisters singing our "school song" When Mesa high burned down, the kids thought Westwood kids had started it. Hmmm, maybe they did!!! JK
Hey Aunt Linda,
I check your blog all of the time. I'm glad I found a new post this time! You and Uncle Mike are the cutest couple. That is such a cute picture. It was fun to learn more about you.
That was fun to learn more about you and to read how you were in high school. Don't you just love to reminisce about good ole times.
According to a Westwood warrior 'Ramjet'(Uncle Ron) He knows who started the Mesa High fire.
Ditto to Connie
Sounds like highschool was great! Too funny about the convertible! Love the picture!
Post a Comment